The value that water has in supporting municipal economies and employment, displaying the water intensity of these economies to illustrate which economies are most at risk from water scarcity.
- Layers "Agriculture Field" & "Econ Value Per Field" indicate the economic value per crop, per field. (Source 1,2)
- The "Crop Value Per Municipality" is a sum of all the field data, indicating the economic value of crops per municipality.(Source 1,2)
- The "2011 Per Capita Urban Usage" layer in the map indicates the per capita URBAN water usage per municipality while the "2011 Per Capita Total Usage" layer indicates the TOTAL (Agriculture and Urban) per capita water usage per municipality.
- Layers "Moderately Water Dependent Sectors : 2015 Employment" , "Moderately Water Dependent Sectors : 2015 GVA R millions", "Heavily Water Dependent Sectors : 2015 Employment" and "Heavily Water Dependant Sectors : 2015 GVA R millions"
indicate the moderately and heavily water dependent sectors in terms of employment distribution and GVA per municipality.
- The "Employment and Economic Value per Unit of Water" layer indicates employment and economic value per unit of water by municipality.
Query Tool Overview
The Query Tool allow users to rapidly dive into your data with rule based queries to discover features of interest contained within the map. Features that match the query will be highlighted on the map, and users are able to view results as a table, download a spatial file of results, or view an on-screen report based on pre-configured reporting widgets.
How To Use
To enable the query tool please select the tool on the layer panel as indicated below.
Users can either make their selection based on the location of features, by drawing a box, radius or shape around specific features. The user can further refine their selection by setting filters based on the attributes of the selected features or just select features based on these attributes.
Source: WC flyover data (WC DOA)
- Source: Value of crops (Various: Hortgro, Citrus Growers Association,DAFF, STATSSA, KZN Dept Agric,SAWIS, FAOSTAT)
- Source: Demarcation Board of South Africa.